What do I need in order to create a Consolidation batch?
- An active Subscription for the Production Workflow Platform Module
- The Product SKUs you wish to be batched using the job template
- The Dropship names or references for the Sales channel orders that will be batched using the job template
- A Job Template
How do I create one?
1. Go to the Settings Menu and select the 'Job Templates' option
2. Click on the New Template button
3. On the Basic page scroll down and deselect the Artwork processing option. This will instantly turn the job template into a consolidation batch and remove the page options on the left which are only relevant to Artwork processing.
4. Name the Job Template for easy identification (eg: perhaps it relates to a specific location or machine in the production facility)
5. Select a Production Centre for the batch from those available to your Organisation
6. Add the SKUs for the products you wish to batch using the job template
Important Note: Each SKU should be added on its own line, do not comma separate.
7. Specify the number of Slots on the batch. Slots define the maximum number of unique order lines that the zip file can contain (from 1-500)
8. Go to the Dropships page and add the Dropships that you wish to use the batch by either 'Adding all dropships' or searching for them using the Name/Reference field and selecting the tickbox beside those you wish to enable.
9. That's it! That's enough to get a basic consolidation batch up and running and to place some test orders to check it's working correctly.
There are other settings available on the job template (such as cut off time) that can be used to tailor the batch exactly to your needs.
A summary of all available options and their function for both Consolidation and Artwork Generation job templates can be found here:
What result should I expect?
The batch will be created once the first order is received and it will sit at the 'Filling' status whilst the remaining slots of the batch are filled until it reaches the Slots value specified on the job template.
Once the batch is filled the status will change to 'Pending Production' indicating that the orders are consolidated and ready to be produced.
It's possible to specify a cut-off time if you wish to process the batch on a recurring schedule.
It's also possible to download the batch manually before it has finished filling if you wish to process the orders early (any subsequent orders will begin populating a new batch)
When you are ready to print the orders, download the picking labels and after that, download the artwork for the selected batch.
The downloaded zip file will extract into a folder that matches the name of the Job ID of the batch.
The folder will feature all individual pieces of artwork required to print the order items, plus a jobsheet in pdf format featuring an individual page for each order with a thumbnail and all pertinent details.