Returns is a part of the Kornit X Sales module, allowing for customers to request a return which can then be managed and returned to a return bin on individual orders.
Once an item has been returned a Return Shipping Label will be generated within the system which must be added to returned items.
Reasons for returning orders could be due to the incorrect size or colour being delivered to a customer.
How To Access Returns and Return Orders
The way to access Returns has been detailed in the following steps, this will be found on any orders available within Order Manager and must be processed on an order by order process.
- In order to access returns you first need to head to an order like the below example and open the line order.
- On the order click into the "Returns" button which Click the "Returns" button against the order highlighted in the image below.
- In the returns window select only the line items that need to be returned as some may not need to be returned for the order.
- Once selected the right items the quantity must be set for the items being returned and the Returns bin must be selected from the dropdown.
- Once the quantity and bin is selected the "Confirm" button will be accessible which must then be clicked.
- System will show the message "Item has been Returned Successfully" and a returns label will be downloaded
- When the item has been successfully returned a the order itself will change to the Status of Returned shown below.
- To download the Returns label you simply need to either select the returned orders and select to download your "Shipping Labels" or go into each order and download the Shipping Labels from the edit order screen.
When an item has been ordered after being returned the orders picking label will target the returns bin created. The label will then allow you to go through the regular process of using the QC, brand and dispatch stations within the floor module.
How Do I Create Return Bins?
With this Returns process you must be able to create bins, the following steps detail how to set this within the Platform.
- The first step here is to head to "Production > Bins which is shown within the menu below.
- When loading into Bins, its useful to select the type of bin you are going to create by selecting "Returns" from the type dropdown.
- Click the "+ Add Bins" button and the Create Bins window will appear.
- Select the "Returns" bin type option and set your Fulfiller company name and the number of bins needed. Once the data is there all that needs to be pressed is the "Create" button.
The fulfiller company must match the one set against your products, otherwise the option will not appear within the Bins dropdown of returning items.
- Click the "Create" button and these will now appear in the list of return bins.
Once the return bins are full of the returned orders, simply click the release button and the bin will be released. Alternatively clicking the Trash icon will fully delete the bin should you need to delete it.
Release will remove any connection between the order / items and bins marking it as empty so it can be reused. This should not be needed in general day to day use as bins will be released when items are returned but can used as a manual override where needed.