Main Application for Production Templates
The Production Batching process has many useful applications for improving the management / workflow of print or decoration companies
Detailed below are some of the key tasks where this feature is currently being used
- Add artwork for products of the same type to a batch template so can be printed together - will wait till order volume correct to fill entire template
- Allocate orders to the correct production machine / area - each product can be associated with a template
- Updates Order Status when batch template created to “In Production” so customers know job in progress
- Adds bar codes to jobs to enable easy scanning
- Create a combined job / print sheet for a single product in any style / format you want so can despatch and print with a single document
- Create a bespoke despatch sheet for different company branding
- Auto re-size artwork to a specific size based on percentages and cropping rules
- Add crop and colour registration marks to a batch template - can be different for different products
- Add layers to a PDF so can be used as backing or cutlines for transfers
- Distribute orders via delivery country so production can happen in multiple fulfilment centres
- Create artwork in different formats to uit different production processes eg - Screen Print, Engraving or Embroidery
To start using production batching you just need to
a) Set up a Batch Template
b) Allocate that Batch Template to a product
Inline Production Batch Templates
Gateway OMS V2 introduced the more advanced concept of inline batching - in simple terms what this means was orders are allocated to a batch template / workflow as soon as they arrive and we have introduced batch statuses to make this clear Filling ...
Advanced Features for Production & Batch Templates
Production Templates are a very powerful tool that apply a post process to artwork generated by your OMS system They have many different applications Detailed below are some of the more advanced features now available when setting up your template ...
Guide to Batch Job Template settings In OMS V2
Basic Tab Fulfiller The fulfiller of the product. Name The name of the batch template. SKU Any product SKU(s) that will use the batch template. If there are more than one, each SKU should be on a separate line. Countries Set the applicable country ...
Production Integrations : Hotfolder Feed
Custom Gateway have produced a production solution we call Hotfolder Feed. This is made up of the system modules we offer and an local piece of software used to manage queues and move artwork and jobsheets to printing locations. A high level view of ...
Production | Capacity Planner
Introduction The Capacity Planner is a feature that has been added to the Kornit X Platform to be used in connection with your website to confirm that stock is available to fulfil and order before the customer is even able to place that order, making ...