Inline Production Batch Templates
Gateway OMS V2 introduced the more advanced concept of inline batching - in simple terms what this means was orders are allocated to a batch template / workflow as soon as they arrive and we have introduced batch statuses to make this clear
- Filling - means a batch of say 12up is currently not full and waiting for more jobs
- Pending Generation - means batch ready for production but artwork not yet generated
- Pending Production - means artwork generated but not yet downloaded
Inline batch has the following additional useful features
- Cut off time - even if a batch is not full it will be auto generated at a certain time - if a batch is full it is auto generated as soon as ready and does not wait for a cut off time
- Artwork Processing - batches take artwork and add to a merged artwork file - if you switch off artwork processing then artwork files are just grouped together and not reprocessed - ideal for just routing jobs to the correct machine / department
- Mixed SKUs - you can choose to batch separate SKUs on separate templates when busy or merge them together if lower volume or quieter
- Mixed SKUs after cut off - you can use this setting to change the rules after the cut off time so keep all SKUs separate when busy in the day but after cut off merge together to get last jobs completed
- Output type - you can specify what type of print output is needed - Vector PDF etc
- CMYK Profile - you can specify a colour profile for the batch template
- Cloud Print - you can specify what the default printer is for each template so one click prints the artwork
- Batch Sub Status - you can scan a sub status on a batch if it needs an extra process like "Add Label" etc
- Bespoke Cover Sheets - you can now have your own cover sheets designed
Production Batching still has all the other key features of V1 - like creating your own templates, upload your own backgrounds and batching by product / country
Template Set Up Screen Overview
Guide to Batch Job Template settings In OMS V2
Basic Tab Fulfiller The fulfiller of the product. Name The name of the batch template. SKU Any product SKU(s) that will use the batch template. If there are more than one, each SKU should be on a separate line. Countries Set the applicable country ...
Changing batch Times
In this guide you will be taught how to modify and change your batch times for products. This can be useful for a host of reasons. Batch production is an efficient way to produce multiples of the same product. Guide First of all find your product ...
Production Module : Creating a Job Template for use as an Artwork Generation Batch
Overview The Production and Floor modules have the tools to allow Fulfillers to batch process order items in multiples in order to improve production efficiency. There are two types of batch available for processing order items: Consolidation Batch ...
Production Module : Creating a Job Template for use as a Consolidation Batch
Overview The Production and Floor modules have the tools to allow Fulfillers to batch process order items in multiples for greater production efficiency. There are two types of batch available for processing order items: 1. Consolidation batch 2. ...
Advanced Features for Production & Batch Templates
Production Templates are a very powerful tool that apply a post process to artwork generated by your OMS system They have many different applications Detailed below are some of the more advanced features now available when setting up your template ...